I recently caught up with my baby niece who is not so much a baby anymore! I found myself giving her advice on life (as I’m obviously very knowledgeable and also very OLD).
It’s really got me thinking about what advice I would give 16 year old Kris. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
- Education is important, go to college and university. Don’t worry about getting a job there’s plenty of time for that later. Immerse yourself in student life and get a good job that pays well when you get out.
- Don’t worry about what other people think. At the end of the day it doesn’t really matter.
- You are a pretty girl, even if you don’t cake your face in make-up. Have more self-esteem and if you need to then just fake it till you make it.
- Get a good job that pays well. There’s nothing worse than having no money.
- Enjoy your youth. There’s plenty of time to worry about being a grown up when you become a grown up. You really do only live once.
- Make good friends and try to keep them (no bitching or shit stirring)
- Be nice to your mum, one day you’ll be one too
I’ve chosen to not have regret in life. The choices I have made in life haven’t always been the right ones but they lead me to where I am now.
There’s nowhere else I’d rather be 🙂