As we think more seriously about baby number 2 it makes me think back on what I have learnt from baby number 1. Here’s my top 10:
1. Enjoy every moment of pregnancy.9 months really isn’t that long. With Max I was a bit of a wreck the whole time.I was constantly worried. In the end what will be will be.
2. Buy a jug. After labour your private parts will be very very sore. Weeing will bloody hurt. Make sure you pour warm water down there, this will ease some of the pain.
3. Sleep when the baby sleeps. With baby 2 this won’t be a option for me .I was far to busy doing my housework to sleep. Ohhhh how I’d love to go back.
4. Never leave a baby without a nappy not even for a second. I’ve been pissed and pooped on. It was not pleasant.
5. Get in as many hugs. When people tell you you’ll have a needy child if you don’t put them down then IGNORE them. There will come a time when they won’t want mummy hugs so make the most of it.
6. Get out of the house. I was out at 5 days and I won’t lie it was tiring. It’s so important not to be cooped up indoors, baby needs good old vitamin d. Preparation is key thou if you don’t want it to take 10 hours to get out the door.
7. Don’t compare. I constantly compare max to other children it’s something I’m learning not to do. He’s going to do things in his own time.
8. Get baby enrolled in classes. Max has had a pretty full schedule since he was 5 weeks old. Classes are a great way to help your baby develop. Put in the effort now and trust me you’ll be paid in full in future years.
9. Don’t buy more than you need. This goes for everything from bottles to clothes. Babies are expensive and become more so as they get older.
10. Love every moment. It really does fly past in the blink of a eye. Make the most of every second. The good times and the bad. Also take millions of pictures and videos.